Flip it in the air or stretch it with your hands, Roomali roti is so simple to make and you can serve it along with any your favourite sabzi for a better experience.
2 cups refined flour + dusting
Salt to taste
½ cup milk
4 tsps ghee
1. In a bowl, add refined flour (maida), salt and whisk it well.
2. Add milk and ½ cup water, mix well and form it into a dough.
3. Break the dough into pieces and combine it again,knead till soft dough is formed.Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
4. Add ghee and a little water, knead again. Repeat the same process until a soft dough is formed. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 1-2 hours.
5. Place a kadai upside down on a gas flame and heat it on medium flame.
6. Add salt in a spray bottle and pour sufficient water in it. Shake well and keep aside.
7. Take a portion of the dough, shape into a ball.
8. Dust some flour on the worktop, place the prepared dough ball and flatten the edges, let it rest for 30 seconds, roll the edges and make it into thin disc. Lift up gently and stretch it using hands.
9. Spray salt water on the hot kadai and wipe it. Place the roomali roti on it and let it cook for 30 seconds.
10. Fold the cooked sides and bring them to the centre. Gently press the roti using a muslin cloth and fold it like a handkerchief. Serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :