Long Island Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia

Long Island – Less than an hour’s drive from NYC, find the first of the island’s much-loved beaches. From there, follow us through the coolest parts of the area.

When ready, browse vacation packages to Long Island:

A #LongIsland #vacation sends you eastward from the New York boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens to the bluffs of Montauk Point. A short train ride from Manhattan is Long Beach, which for many is where Long Island begins. Visit Fire Island Lighthouse, which for generations of immigrants was their first glimpse of America. It was on Long Island’s northern shores where the mansions were built that would inspire F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic, The Great Gatsby.

#Visit the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Hempstead and continue your flight into the past at the American Airpower Museum. #Explore the pioneer settlement of Southampton Village and nearby Sag Harbor, a historic whaling port immortalized in Moby Dick. America’s first president, George Washington, commissioned Montauk Lighthouse on Long Island’s easternmost point. Climb to the top to take in the sweeping views of this place that has played center stage in some of America’s greatest stories.

For now, we hope you enjoy watching this #travel #guide as much as we enjoyed making it.

More travel information around Long Island:

———

Follow us on social media:
FACEBOOK:
TWITTER:
INSTAGRAM:
PINTEREST:

source

50 thoughts on “Long Island Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

I have lived here my entire 54 years. Lots of new places I've seen on this video. How can you make this video without at least mentioning Old Bethpage Village Restoration and the mandatory Smithtown House saloon which was half-way point for coach riders.

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

I live here. Long Island is shit. Nothing to do. The people are all racist shitbags. All lying, scumbags. The north shore beaches are all rocks and green scum. The south shore is a packed traffic jam of people. The Hamptons are a bunch of fake douchbags. This place I wish would get hit by a tsunami.

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

There’s a beautiful cave hidden in Wyandanch..you’ll have to ask the locals where it is.

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

Native Americans welcomed the settlers. Settlers wiped out the Native Americans. This video is mostly lies.

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

Too bad the cost of living here is unbearable and it's overpopulated.

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

On lawn guy land Brooklyn queens I cannot say much about but some I lived just outside queens New York City Nassau county loved it now six years in Whitestone a nursing home times come go things change are remodeled rebuilt business come and go exspensive yes but depends some troubles here are we some more areas open spaces to enjoy the outdoors more parking so as not too many tickets some of this is because of phony politicians over paid all of them. No but fifty years or so plenty to see yet I have I love the Long Island vw car club without driving public transit is not always usable at all hrs or going when where you are once the bus got me there but not back a cab ride was costly we could do better at times need less crowded roads in some areas more volks to do more volunteering to help thier communities only they work long hrs to earn dinero due to high taxes and cost of things there are ways to spend less but too many are addicted to thier autos driving I know the liar third track is being built seen on I pad some of this raising tracks is nice save travel time less air polution now stores closing shopping malls well going to hell or otherwise I miss the good old daze now the police defunding our scum politics cause riots violence plus are we safe anymore the coronavirus pandemic illness hurts many things even my health care vistors no more until if also my dating going out once in a while to see things new old gone for good or otherwise if we had nicer government it would be nicer but the volks living on the island should do thier part also to help out so we have less problems I wish I could see more outside world tho as been said stores businesses volks homeless or losing apts homes then what shopping malls closing why on line form home eBay amazon or. I use to go to free concerts shows festivals in parks now what no more even fire depts parades I guess have a nice day if you can I forget to say I follow the news on this I pad too many well some car crashes fires guns robberies tho if in nice weather I know there are museums railroad historical places to see all of this I can not say

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

Why the hell would people take a vacation to Long Island it’s a pretty terrible place

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

Long Island is my home!I love it here! There is so much to see and explore!💕

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

The sand of coopers beach is free to enjoy, except the 50$ parking fee and the outrageously priced food at the beach cafe for a clean but not any better than most south shore beaches. If you want a good time go to west hampton beach, hell you’re wasting your time in the Hamptons both in traffic and your vacation time. Going to a place with outrageous traffic, nothing to do but spend thousands on stuff you could spend elsewhere to get more and better services and again nothing to do.

The town is for elites and rich people not a tourist destination.

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

Long Island is and always will be a great beautiful place! The people, the nature, the beaches and everything in this beautiful desire long Island!! People from around the world 🌎 travels for a destination on long Island. Is all bababoom beautiful! And the people the same. Kisses and hugs king 🤴 size. Be all safe and healthy muuuah

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

Take a ride down to Wyandanch!! Then over to Deer Park!! After that go down to Copiague or if you're in a historic mood go to Amityville!!! Ahhhh Long Island!! Long Island use to be great but the influx of South America is ruining it!! Although the Indian restaurants in Hicksville are awesome and Garden City is gorgeous!! But the Summers are hot and Humid!! If you don't like the beach and CAN'T hang out in the Hamptons because you're broke' Go somewhere else!! Because LONG ISLAND SUCKS!!

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

Another hidden gem is Terrance Avenue in Hempstead. Anyone considering visiting should make that a destination

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

Great video! This actually shows all the wonderful things about the Island, the history, the beauty. Well done!

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

I love this video. Why? Because I live here and everything about this video is true. Well except you need to head EAST from Manhattan not west..

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

Nothing about the North Fork?! Redo! Mattituck, Southold, Greenport, Orient and others. That was a miss!

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

I just wanted to see where the Half Blood Camp is located. Never been in US actually

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

here after watching the series The Affair..what a beautiful place.. hopefully I'll visit some day ❤️ love from India

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

Man. I miss home . I hope to one day go back and visit and relive my childhood.

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

Lived on Long Island when I was a kid. Carle Place to be exact. Live in Georgia now. It's too expensive to live there now. And I don't miss the weather. But there are times that I do miss it.

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

the Baldwin schools system sucks why did i learn more about long island from this one vid than from all my years of being in school

• August 14, 2020 at 7:25 am

I used to live in Huntington, and I absolutely loved it.

I wish I could go back to the U.S… If I could, I will find a house in Long Island again, for sure.