The most loved South-Indian dish, spongy Idlis served along with sambhar and nariyal chutney.
1 cup parboiled rice (ukada chawal), soaked for 8-10 hours
½ cup split skinless black gram (dhuli urad dal), soaked for 8-10 hours with ½ tsp fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
Salt to taste
Sesame oil for greasing
Coconut chutney to serve
Sambhar to serve
1. In a blender jar, add par boiled rice and ½ cup water and blend to a smooth paste. Set aside.
2. Transfer the soaked split skinless black gram and fenugreek seeds in another blender jar and add ½ cup water and blend till smooth.
3. Combine the ground rice mixture and the split skinless gram mixture into a large bowl. Cover and let it ferment for 8-10 hours.
4. Add salt in the fermented mixture and mix well.
5. Heat sufficient water in a steamer. Lightly grease each idli mould with sesame oil.
6. Pour a portion of the batter into each cavity of the idli mould and tap slightly to level the top.
7. Steam the idlis for 10-15 minutes. Take them off the heat.
8. Transfer on a serving plate, serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :