One of the most popular dal recipe from the Indian Cuisine. Follow the steps to make this at home.
½ cup whole black gram (sabut urad dal), soaked for 6-8 hours, drained and cooked
2 tablespoons red kidney beans (rajma), soaked for 6-8 hours, drained and cooked
2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon ghee
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons red chilli powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
3 tablespoons fresh cream
Tandoori roti for serving
1. Heat butter and ghee in a deep non-stick pan. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add cumin seeds and sauté till it changes colour. Add onion and sauté till golden brown. Add tomatoes and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add salt, mix, cover and cook till tomatoes turn soft and pulpy. Add chilli powder, mix, cover and cook till the oil separates.
4. Add cooked whole black gram and red kidney beans and mix. Add 2 cups water, mix, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add salt, garam masala powder and 3 tablespoons cream, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve hot with tandoori roti.
Click to Subscribe:
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on :