A quick and easy recipe to the classic and beloved Aloo Chaat.
200 grams potato wedges, chopped into small pieces
Oil for frying
1 large onion, peeled
1 green chilli
¼ bunch fresh coriander
1 inch ginger, peeled
¼ cup mint leaves
½ a lemon
Roasted cumin powder as required
Black salt to taste
Salt to taste
1 tsp chaat masala powder
A large pinch of yellow chilli powder
Green chutney as required
Sweet date and tamarind chutney
3 tbsps pomegranate pearls + for garnishing
3 tbsps sev + for garnishing
Sprig of mint for garnish
1. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai, meanwhile, finely chop the onion. Deep fry the potato wedges in the hot oil.
2. Meanwhile, finely chop green chilli, fresh coriander leaves, and cut ginger into thin strips. Finely chop mint leaves and set aside.
3. Drain fried potato wedges on an absorbent paper and transfer into a bowl.
4. In the same bowl, add onion, green chilli, chopped coriander, sprinkle roasted cumin powder, black salt, salt, chaat masala powder, and yellow chilli powder.
5. Add green chutney, sweet date and tamarind chutney, ginger strips, and squeeze lemon juice and mix well.
6. Add pomegranate peals and sprinkle sev, mix well and transfer to a serving bowl.
7. Garnish with pomegranate pearls, sev and mint sprig. Serve immediately.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :