An extremely aromatic and enticingly sweet barfi made with whole wheat and nuts. A delicious affair, indeed.
ATTE KI BARFI
1 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
½ cup ghee
¼ cup semolina (rawa)
1 cup sugar
½ tsp green cardamom powder
2 tbsps chopped mixed nuts (almonds, pistachios and cashewnuts)
8-10 almonds, slivered
8-10 dried rose petals, crushed
8-10 pistachios, blanched, peeled and chopped
1. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add whole wheat flour and semolina, mix and cook for 4-5 minutes or till golden brown, stirring continuously.
2. Add sugar, green cardamom powder, mixed nuts and mix and cook till sugar melts.
3. Add ⅓ cup hot water, mix well, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Transfer the mixture into a greased burfi tin, spread it and even out the top. Sprinkle slivered almonds, dried rose petals and chopped pistachios and gently press. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
5. Cut into squares, de-mould and serve.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :